Directions for Use - Garden and Agricultural Concentrate Outdoor Insect Control Spray - 32 oz.
Using Back Pack or Pump Up Sprayer:
Nature's Defender "PCO Choice" cedar oil formula.
Using a hose end sprayer:
- Dilute from 2 to 4 ozs. concentrate with 1 gallon water.
- Mix well. Spray areas you wish to treat. Coverage approx 1500 sq. ft.
Spray treatment tips:
- Pour 5 ounces of concentrate into the cup of the hose end applicator.
- Fill to the 32 ounce line with tap water.
- Attach sprayer to a garden hose, set the sprayer controls to medium settings.
- Make sure the product lever is set to "on" (if your sprayer has one). You are ready to begin spraying.
- Turn on hose and spray any outdoor areas in which you wish to treat. Covers approx. 4000 sq. ft.
- When the spray cup is empty, refill per above and continue spraying until finishing all areas you wish to treat.
Establishing an insect free perimeter around buildings:
- Include concrete, patios, masonry, fences, lawns, gardens, trees, soil, shrubberies and other foliage.
- Spray over any casual standing water to knockdown future mosquito activity.
- Spray in the morning or early evening times. Avoid hot times of day since applying the oil in direct sunlight can cause phytotoxic burn to plant life.
Grub worm treatments:
- Using any style applicator and dilution ratio you choose start by spraying all sides of any structure(s) you wish to protect.
- Continue by spraying all ground surfaces surrounding the structure including concrete, patios, masonry, fences, lawns, gardens, trees, soil, shrubberies and other foliage while moving in an expanding radius until you have covered the perimeter you wish to protect.
Other common dilution ratios for treatment by applicator type:
- Using 8 ounces Natures Defender to one gallon of water in a back pack, trigger or pump-up sprayer you will want to saturate the infested area(s) with solution to penetrate deep into the soil.
- Best time to spray is right before a good rainfall.
- Follow up with regular watering to promote deep penetration of the cedar solution into the soil.
Dilution ratio's may be altered depending on insect type(s), personal experience, geographic location and application method.
Nature's Defender Garden and Agricultural Notifications:
- Garden type hose end sprayer:
Pour 4, 6, or 8 ounces of concentrate into cup of hose end sprayer. Fill remainder of cup with water to make 32 ounces. Replace hose end sprayer top, hook up to a garden hose and spray.
- Trigger type, Back Pack, Pump up sprayers & Non Thermal Fogging Machines:
Mix 3% (or 4 ounces of concentrate to one gallon water).
- Large trailer or truck mounted tank applicators:
64 ounces of concentrate to 55 gallons of water
1 gallon of concentrate to 100 gallons of water
2 gallon of concentrate to 200 gallons of water
- High pressure spray equipment:
Mix 1 Quart concentrate per 300 gallons water.
- Misting Systems:
Mix 32 ounces of Nature's Defender concentrate to 55 gallons of water in drum
- Water Injection Systems:
2 to 3 ounces concentrate per 1000 sq. ft. per zone - per month
Minimum risk pesticide registration exempt per FIFRA section 25(b) 40CFR 152.25b
- Always dilute with water per instructions for application method chosen.
- Do not take internally. Keep out of reach of children.
- After use, wash hands with soap and water.
- May cause phytotoxic burn to plant life if applied in temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When applying any product, one should use proper eye and glove protection.
- Avoid Contact With Eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water for at least 15 minutes. Seek medical treatment if needed.
- This item is not a substitute for DG Indoor, DG Personal and Pet or Dr. Ben's Label Formulas.
- Do not use cedar oil on or around pet reptiles, pet rabbits, pet mice, pet rats, ferrets, guinea pigs, or exotic birds.
Active Ingredient: Cedar Oil 85% 40CFR 152.25 CAS # 68990-83-0
Inert Ingredient: Ethyl lactate/Lactic Acid Water 15% 4A 40 CFR 180.950 CAS #97-64-3