Directions for Use - 32 oz. Lawn and Kennel Concentrate:
A DG label pest control spray formula.
Use for outdoor pest control on lawns, on and around patio areas, in kennels or other pet and livestock confinement areas. The formula is water soluble and can be diluted in various ratios depending on the type of application device you are using and insect(s) you want to address.
For successful outdoor pest control using cedar oil:
- Just pre-dilute the concentrate as needed, load the diluted solution into sprayer of choice and spray where desired.
- Dilution ratios can be adjusted up or down per individual results.
- There are no harsh chemicals to create "overdose" conditions.
Lawn and Kennel concentrate is effective with the following:
- The first application is the most important. The objective is to make sure a liberal soak is accomplished to all areas including lawns and/or outdoor animal confinement areas. Okay to spray over concrete, over casual standing water and on natural foliage. Do not spray on azaleas or rhododendrons.
- Follow up or maintenance applications only require you get previously treated surfaces wet.
- Application to lawns and other plant life should be done in the morning or early evening times to avoid heat related phytotoxic burn to landscaped areas.
- Dilution and application rates will vary depending on the apparatus used to spray the product and insect(s) you need to address.
- During a heavy insect season you can apply as often as needed.
- To maintain pest controlled perimeters around homes or other structures, we suggest you start with washing down the side of structures you intend to protect with diluted solution. Using the structure as a center point, continue by spraying grounds outwardly until the desired insect reduced area is established around all sides of the structure(s).
- Neutralizes and repels adult insects and offspring on contact. Including, (but not limited to), Ants, Mosquitoes, Flies, Moths, Grubs, Army Worms, Mole Crickets, Fleas, Ticks, Mites, Chiggers, Grasshoppers, White Fly, Mediterranean Fruit Fly, Citrus Rust Mite, Nematodes, Aphids, Scale, Stink Bugs, Bag Worms, Eastern Tent Caterpillar and other flying, biting, or crawling arthropods and subterranean pests. Including subterranean termites.
- Repels mice, rats, heat seeking venomous snakes.
- Bio solvent influences of cedar oil will impair insect eggs and larvae on contact by hastening erosion of the exoskeleton and cuticle. The oil promotes rapid dehydration to all phases of the egg-layer cycle. It further interrupts offspring by creating pheromone interference with the insect's octopamine neuro receptors. Even works when applied over standing water to interfere with mosquito life cycles.
- Cedar oil has natural bactericide and fungicide properties. It will effectively reduce powdery mildew and other fungal organisms such as brown patch, take all patch, dollar spot and other turf yellowing diseases.
Household trigger sprayers, compression type hand held sprayers, back pack sprayers and non-thermal fogging machines:
These sprayers do not introduce additional water during spraying.
Below are general guidelines for pest control dilution ratios using selected sprayer types. Dilution ratios can be increased or decreased until optimal results are obtained. There is no concern of "overdose" since we are not using harsh synthetic chemicals. Individual results will vary due to many factors such as geographic location, time of year and types of animal confinement areas being treated. With continued use your individual results will ultimately determine the perfect dilution ratio for your situation and treatment objectives.
Garden type hose end sprayers:
This type sprayer introduces additional water during spraying.
- 3% Mix or 1 ounce concentrate per one quart water.
- -or- 3% Mix of 4 ounces concentrate per gallon of water.
- Each gallon of ready to spray mix will treat approximately from 1,000 to 1,200 square feet.
High pressure spray equipment:
- Pour 4, 6, or 8 ounces of concentrate into cup of sprayer. (Depending on needs, conditions and personal preference)
- Fill cup with water, replace top. Shake well to mix.
- Hook up to household garden hose and spray areas you wish to treat.
- Mix 1 Quart concentrate per 300 gallons water.
Water Injection Systems:
- Mix 32 ounces of concentrate to 55 gallons of water in drum.
Grub worm treatments:
- 2 to 3 ounces concentrate per 1,000 sq ft per zone per month.
Livestock bathing and pet grooming:
- Using 8 ounces to one gallon of water, you need to saturate the infested area to penetrate deep into the soil. Best time to spray is right before a good rainfall, regular watering agenda or spray additional water right on top of treatment for deep penetration.
Animal Soak Tank or Livestock Dipping Stations:
- Mix 2 Ounces concentrate per gallon of water.
Alternate Animal Soak Tank/Livestock Dipping Station Ratio: (double strength for existing problem treatments)
- Mix 1 Gallon concentrate per 400 gallons of water.
For severe cases of insect infestation in livestock or pets:
To treat of existing mange, mange mite or other burrowing mite infestations:
- Mix 1 Quart concentrate per 50 gallons water for double strength dilution.
- Or mix 1 Gallon concentrate per 200 gallons water for double strength dilution.
To treat of existing lice and other external parasitic insect related animal issues:
- Using full strength (undiluted) concentrate apply using soft brush or sponge over affected areas or "hot spots". DO NOT RINSE TREATED AREAS.
- Apply two or three times a day keeping the infested area damp. Continue applications until normal skin and full hair growth is observed.
Lawn, Kennel and Animal Concentrate Notifications:
- Dilute concentrate to a paste like consistency using a ratio of 50% concentrate and 50% water by volume.
- Mix liberally, apply the white paste to the infested area using a soft brush or sponge. DO NOT RINSE TREATED AREAS.
- Apply two or three times a day until all lice and nits are dissolved.
Minimum risk pesticide registration exempt per FIFRA section 25(b) 40CFR 152.25b
- Always dilute with water per instructions for intended use and application method.
- Do not take internally. Keep out of reach of children.
- May attract dirt or stain when applied on some fabrics, carpets, indoor flooring, walls, counter tops or cabinets.
- After use, wash hands with soap and water.
- May cause phytotoxic burn to plant life if applied in temperatures above 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- When applying any product, one should use proper eye and glove protection.
- Avoid Contact With Eyes. In case of eye contact, flush with water for at least 15 minutes.
- This item is not a substitute for DG Indoor, DG Personal and Pet or Dr. Ben's Label Formulas.
- Do not use cedar oil on or around pet reptiles, pet rabbits, pet mice, pet rats, ferrets, guinea pigs, or exotic birds.
Active Ingredient: Cedar Oil 90% 40CFR 152.25 CAS # 68990-83-0
Inert Ingredient: Ethyl lactate/Lactic Acid Water 10% 4A 40 CFR 180.950 CAS #97-64-3